Friday, 24 August 2012

A Few Changes...And The Second Draft

After a long absence, I think it's a good time to post again. I've undergone and undertaken so many changes during the past couple of months that I simply haven't had the time to blog.

First of all, I've changed the name of the blog from "Titmouse!" to my own name. I decided on this course of action because, as much as I love Larry David and the episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm from which the title came, I am a writer in my own right and I need to start promoting myself.

The reason I'm promoting myself and becoming "brand aware", or whatever term is in use, is that I have now passed the seventy-thousand mark. That is now the word count of my novel. It is on its second draft.

Soon, I shall publish the novel through KDP on Amazon. I'm determined to do this in early September, and now I've posted to that effect, I've damn well got to get it done. It's a detective novel set in present-day Manchester. Now to finish it...

1 comment:

  1. It's tough when you finally commit to a release date. As a writer, you're scared because you want and need to give the book the proper time to grow and be the best it can be. But as a business, you have to release your product on deadline, on time. It's a tough balance.

    I applaud you for getting this far. And encourage you to do one thing before you release: get reviews before you publish. It helps more than you know.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete